Throughout its 150-year history, the Church of Ylöjärvi has always been the focal point of the local landscape. Situated in the center of the rural municipality, the Church of Ylöjärvi has retained its status in the changing society by symbolizing and most of all visualizing eternal values and constitution.
The first Church of Ylöjärvi parish was completed in 1781. Unfortunately, it burnt down in 1842. A new building rose up on the same site and was consecrated on the first Advent Sunday in 1850. After numerous repairs, restorations and improvements, the very same church still gathers parish members under its roof today.
During the summer season (from June until the beginning of August) the church doors are open for tourists and other groups. Church guidance is available.